Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Catching Up on Life!

It's hard to believe it has already been a month since I last posted a blog update (oops!). This last month has been extremely busy, so I unfortunately did not have much time to work on a new post. However, now that it is Spring Break, I have had the opportunity to catch up with life and now I have so very much to write about!

With so much to write about, I have found it quite difficult to decide where to begin.. and that led to even a longer amount of time to get this blog post done. It's sort of a vicious cycle. But without further ado, lets get started.

I guess the weather is a good a place as any to begin. Kansas weather is crazy! In the last month I have truly experienced all four seasons. Windy days, slippery snow and ice, 80 degree tanning weather, and spring rain and flowers! People were not lying when they talked about the bipolar weather of Kansas, it is definitely a fact. I have been able to wear snow boots (yes I finally decided to invest in a pair after four *yes, FOUR* falls on the ice.. don't judge!), flip flops, countless layers of sweaters and jackets, shorts, tank tops, and cardigans! It still seems weird, but I was able to capture some pretty great memories and photos to show you!
Hiking Top of the World in sunshine
and 70 degree weather!
Beautiful "fall like" windy day


                              
                                   Spring is in bloom!! :)
This was fall #1.. Looking at this still hurts

Just like being able to experience all four seasons in one month, I was also able to visit the Kansas State Capitol in Topeka for the very first time this month. I was able to attend "Cats in the Capitol" as a Student Governing Association Intern, and had a great time representing K-State at the state level with some really awesome and inspiring people (Including Willie!)


Speaking of SGA, one of the reasons I was so busy this last month was because it was campaign season! My experience as an intern was one of a kind, and I realized that SGA was definitely something I hope to be a part of throughout my college career. For this reason, I decided to run for a student senate position in the College of Agriculture along with my running mates, Wyatt, Garrett and Carlos.  Running with these three guys made my first campaign season a wonderful experience through the picture-taking, poster printing, social networking and campus chalking. I am now proud and honored to announce that I have been elected as a student senator. I have the privilege to be representing the College of Agriculture in SGA next year alongside six other senators who all love K-State and agriculture as much as I do. 

             
         My first time chalking campus!
Flores, Alanis, Pracht & Kays for Ag Senate!

Another super exciting moment including being selected as a new K-State Agriculture Ambassador. I have looked up to Agriculture Ambassadors since my freshman year of FFA, and then all over again when I met ambassadors on my K-State senior day visit. I am truly ecstatic for the opportunity to recruit potential students to K-State while working alongside other passionate agricultural students and faculty.

In addition, this last Wednesday I was named our Sigma Alpha Sister of the Week. This was an awesome surprise and I am truly grateful to the sister who nominated me for all of my campus involvement!    
           
    
               K-State Ag's newest ambassadors!

SOTW 

To kick of my spring break, I traveled with the K-State Ag Ed Club to visit three different agriculture education programs/FFA chapters for the KS STAR Tour. I was amazed by the diversity of programs here in Kansas, and this trip reignited by spark on how I fell in love with agricultural education! It was so great to bond with other Ag Ed majors, listen to the wise words of seasoned ag. teachers, and explore Kansas a little bit more.
KS AgEd STAR Tour!
Excuse my blinded expression! ;)
Amongst all the craziness, I have also remembered to make it a point to not become like the starving baker (see previous post), and take some time for myself. Through basketball games, the K-State rodeo, laser tag, and activities with friends I can assure you that I am not yet a starving baker. :)
   
Breakfast at The Chef with Rylan!



      Morning Sunset at KS Hill
KSU vs ISU Basketball!


Laser Tag with AAers




K-State Rodeo









Excuse the weird formatting of all these pictures, but I could just not seem to get it to work. Well, that is all for now! Until next time, live well & prosper! Oh and stay caught up on life! ;)

Living a life of purple, passion, progress & purpose,

Kaitlyn Alanis

No comments:

Post a Comment