Saturday, November 15, 2014

Purple! (All thanks to national blue and corn gold)

*Note: As I am slightly over a month behind, I will be breaking up October's blog posts into different categories :)

At the end of October, I had the opportunity to attend the National FFA Convention in Louisville, Kentucky with the K-State Agricultural Education Club. As part of going with the AgEd Club, we were there to recruit and talk to students who have interest in attending Kansas State University after high school.
First day of recruiting for K-State with the AgEd Club
Talking to potential future K-State students was such an awesome experience to have, as it was not too long ago I was a potential student trying to get all the information possible from K-State. It was very rewarding to begin to witness everything turn full circle, and I once again could not have been more proud of my decision to join the KSU Family, and I loved being able to share my experience with current FFA members.
We love Willie and the K-State Family!
One of my favorite aspects of K-State when I was deciding on a college to attend was the personal, handwritten notes I had received from current students. To me, this proved that the K-State Family everyone talks about isn't just a campaign to get students here, but that everyone really does care for you. So after convention, I truly enjoyed having the opportunity to write postcards to FFA members which I had talked to throughout convention, as this allowed me to express how much I enjoyed meeting with all those students, and to realize once again how it is thanks to my FFA journey that led me to my K-State journey.

I also cannot forget to mention some of the other perks about attending National FFA Convention, such as that this convention is very similar to a family reunion for me. From catching up with Washington Leadership Conference friends and roommates from almost two years ago, to other FFA friends from back home in California, all the way to one of my old chapter advisors and members from back home in Los Banos, I could not express my excitement to see all these people who made such large impacts on my life.
                                     
  
               








All in all, the week of National FFA Convention is always a trip of a lifetime, and I could not be more grateful to have had the opportunity to travel to convention several times throughout my FFA, and now K-State journey. The people I meet, the memories made, and the experiences had could not be traded for anything.


Living a life of purple, passion, progress, and purpose,

Kaitlyn Alanis



No comments:

Post a Comment